Sunday 18 March 2018

Skull and Cross Buns - New Stencils and Embellishments!

Hi guys

Today marks the launch of some new products over at Skull and Cross Buns

Emily has been super busy behind the scenes recently, creating some fabulous stencils, and acrylic and wooden embellishments, all of which co-ordinate with stamp designs already available in the store.

You can find all the new stencils by following this link, here.  And the embellishment packs and jumbo embellishments are included within this link, here.  Emily also did a run through of the new products in a Facebook video earlier today, here.

So, here are some cards I've created using some of the new products mixed with existing Skull and Cross Buns stamps.  Quite a few pics, so here goes.


First up, a real mixture of products for this tropical scene...


On a panel of white cardstock I die cut a circle and marked on the card base where the aperture would be.  I then masked the top half and stencilled the chevrons in two different shades, purposely mis-aligning slightly to leave some white areas of the 'waves' (there is a new Nautical stencil which includes waves but I didn't have it, so improvised!).  I then masked the waves and ink blended the sunset before adhering the palm trees embellishment.  To finish I stamped the sentiment and flower, and then mounted the panel on fun foam for dimension.


Materials used:

  • Die: Hero Arts - Infinity Circle Dies
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Hexagon/Chevron Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Salty Ocean, Mermaid Lagoon, Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versa Color - Opera Pink
  • Stamps: Skull and Cross Buns - Quirky Sentiments, Tropical Party
  • Embellishment: Skull and Cross Buns - palm trees from Tropical Party Embellish Set 1


Next up, two new embellishments with stencil blending and embossed stamping..


I initially ink blended through the geometric stencil before die cutting the stitched window from the front panel of the card base.  On the inside of the card I repeatedly stamped and heat embossed the stars in silver, before adhering the star and sentiment embellishments.


Materials used:
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Geometric Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Cracked Pistachio; VersaMark
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Peek-a-boo window
  • Stamp: Skull and Cross Buns - Starburst
  • Embossing Powder: Wow! - Metallic Silver
  • Embellishments: Skull and Cross Buns - star from Geometric Heart and Star Jumbo Embellish! Set, Shining Star Jumbo Embellish!



Card three uses products from the new Knitting theme range...


I started by stencilling the background knitting panel using two shades or purple/lilac.  I die cut the tag and ran it through my Big Shot with a knit pattern embossing folder.  I punched the hole and added some twine before adhering it to the card base and adhering the embellishment on top.


Materials used:
  • Stencil - Skull and Cross Buns - Knitting Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Traditional Tag Stax
  • Embossing Folder: X-cut - Cable Knit
  • Twine: Hemptique - from Spring Bloom 2 set
  • Embellishment: Skull and Cross Buns - Knit Happens Jumbo Embellish!



My next card uses a stencil and embellishment that co-ordinates with the existing Brush Hearts stamp set...


On a linen card base I stencilled the hearts in shades of pink.  I then flipped the stencil over so the pattern was reversed and spread through the stencil with some glimmer paste.  I adhered the 'kiss' acrylic embellishment and stamped 'me' and the lips alongside.

Inside the card I continued the sentiment..


Materials used:
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Heart Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Festive Berries; Versa Color - Rose Red, Charcoal
  • Accents: Nuvo Glimmer Paste - Moonstone
  • Embellishment: Skull and Cross Buns - Kiss Jumbo Embellish!



And for my fifth and final card, I created a shaker...


I stencilled the hearts in pink on my card base, these to be the backing for my shaker window.  I then adhered the geometric heart embellishment so that it would be within the window, therefore not making the finished card any thicker.  A heart was die cut from the top panel, the sentiment stamped in black and some acetate and 3D foam added to the reverse.  I then sprinkled some red heart confetti and trapped it within the window by adhering the top panel over it.  This didn't turn out as I imagined, I think there's too much going on in that window...as a CAS designer busy designs scare me! lol  Hopefully it will appeal to some of you :D


Materials used:
  • Stencil: Skull and Cross Buns - Brush Heart Pattern
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Spun Sugar; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Heart Stax
  • Embellishment: Skull and Cross Buns - heart from Geometric Heart and Star Jumbo Embellish! Set
  • Accents: Nuvo Pure Sheen Confetti - Scarlet Red Hearts



Phew, if you've made it to the end, thanks so much for reading.  I hope you love these new products, and I'm sure Emily has lots more in the pipeline to add to her store soon.


On a different subject, I may manage some more crafting tomorrow as the South West of England has been hit with a mammoth amount of snow and it's set to continue tomorrow.  There's a weather warning not to travel so that's a snow day for me then!  This was earlier today, and it's still snowing...



Probably be back tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many lovely cards again Anita!just love all of them, impossible to pick a favourite!I see you had yet more snow, hope that's it for this year, think we are all so sick of it now!stay safe... hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...