Saturday 29 April 2017

Less is More Week #326

Hi there

At Less is More this week, because there are five Saturdays in April we have a Lucky Dip challenge for you.  Here's our cue card for you...




This wasn't the easiest but I'm looking forward to seeing the gallery this week to see how this is interpreted.  I have two cards for you this week, both featuring stamped shadows.

Here's the first, and also my first Christmas card of 2017!



I love using Card-io stamps to create winter scenes.  I just needed to plan a little before I started then began masking and blending with Distress Inks from the top downwards.  Then I stamped the two trees and their shadows using second generation stamping, following the direction of the moon.  I die cut my scene using a stitched rectangle die, stamped the sentiment then popped this up on 3D foam.

Materials used:

  • Stamps: Card-io - Mini Tall Trees; Happy Little Stampers - Mixed Christmas Sentiments
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jeans, Wilted Violet, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass; Versafine - Onyx Black
  • Die: MFT Die-namics - Stitched Rectangle Stax

Challenge entries:

CASology - Challenge #246 - Season
Addicted to Stamps and More - Challenge #239 - Clean and Simple



For my second card I had the idea of creating some foliage and its shadow against a wall...


I started by gently blending the brick wall through a stencil, fading it out across the panel.  Next, using the MISTI I stamped the foliage in different pigment inks using mini cubes, as this is one stamp.  I then left the stamp in place and shifted the panel up and over very slightly before stamping the image again in grey ink to create the shadow.  Finished off by stamping the sentiment and mounting the panel on 3D foam.

Materials used:
  • Stamps: Woodware - Going to Seed; Clearly Besotted - Message Me
  • Stencil: Tim Holtz - Bricked
  • Ink: Distress Ink - Pumice Stone; Versa Color - Evergreen, Pinecone, Bamboo, Green Tea; Hero Arts - Soft Granite; Versafine - Onyx Black

Challenge entries:

AAA Cards - Challenge #88 - Stencil
Stamping Sensations - April Challenge - Anything Goes

Please grab our logo



My teamies have created some great projects this week to inspire you, with different takes on the shadow theme so if you have time I'm sure they will appreciate a visit from you.

Thanks so much for dropping by.  Enjoy you weekend (and the extra day if you're here in the UK!)

26 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards! Well done on starting your 2017 Christmas cards! I especially like your second card ... my first thoughts when I spotted the theme was similar to this ... I guess it's back to the drawing board.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love your Christmas card! Perfectly inked hills/sky, and such a fab idea to have the trees cast a shadow from the moonlight! Your second card is gorgeous with the flowers running riot against the softly inked wall. Such a lovely scene and a great idea for casting delicate shadows that add subtle dimension. Awesome cards! Have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply shadow perfect teamie! Love both of these designs, in fact you work those snow drifts to the max and your clever shadow stamping of those trees is so precise. The second one is oozing elegance and I'm thrilled you've popped that one in at AAA Stencil challenge - just in the nick of time too I think!!!! Have a fun weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two fabulous cards Anita, love the Xmas scene and the shadowing on the flowers is so clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw this over at AAA Cards, Anita. Popping in to say your card is beautiful, lovely stamping and stencilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both totally stunning, Anita! Your perfect inking on the snowy scene creates such an elegant and serene image. Such a great way to incorporate shadows. I am completely in love with your second card - the way the florals and foliage look against that partially stencilled brickwork is just gorgeous. I was wondering how you created the different colours on that large stamped image too. Have a fabulous long weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. First card is so cute casting a nice shadow. Love the stencilled background on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beauties Neets. Love the foliage against the stencilled wall. Thanks for linking it up at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fab cards here Anita! I almost used the same stamp as you in the second one.Love how you added the subtle wall behind yours. The first card is so pretty too, great little Winter scene ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely pair of cards Neets and great ways to illustrate shadows. I particularly love the peaceful snowy scene - such a fabulous CAS design and yay to you for getting your first Christmas card done!!! Hope you are well and enjoying the bank Holiday weekend.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More, and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are getting a jump on your Christmas cards...good for you! It's simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love both of these cards, Anita! The shadow stamping is awesome, and the brick background stencil is perfect! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the wintery shadow scape! So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning and striking. That is how I would describe both of these cards. Making a shadow is certainly an advanced technique, and allows for a wonderfully CAS card without too much else. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous couple of cards Neets. Your first card is beautifully blended and stamped....although it's waaaay too early for me to contemplate Christmas cards despite having snow last week! Your second card is beautiful. Have a great BH.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm there! I'm in that scene watching the moonlight sparkle on the snow, hearing snow crunch beneath my feet while everything else is hushed and still.... sigh! That is one sensational, stupendous and stunning card Anita! Bravo! Then we get the free and loose look of those fantastic wildflowers with fab stencilling for the wall. (ha - looks a bit like my garden atm!!!) What a wonderful contrast between the two cards. I love them both xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW, Anita, this is stunning ! Your two cards are just fabulous ! I love the peaceful and serene winter scene of your first card ! What a gorgeous work ! But the second card has nothing to envy to the first : it is also wonderful ! Love how you managed to do different tones for the grasses and what a clever idea the shadow on this wonderfully stencilled wall background ! Superbe ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Anita! What an atmospheric Winter scene you created with your inking and shadowing! I can actually feel the soft and silent chill looking at it. And I am definitely swooning at that moon. Just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anita, as always , your cards make my jaw drop. This is so stylish, beautiful and well executed.
    Thanks for joining Casology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's a really pretty creation and super Christmas card as wells, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card, love the subtle brick background

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card, love the subtle brick background and the lovely stamping

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both cards are really lovely. Thanks for joining us at the Addicted To Stamps And More challenge. All the very best. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two great cards, I really like the colours and composition on the second one. I had to laugh at your comment on my card re my printer. It is a cheap printer and it won't take acetate or vellum - so not expensive LOL! I think it is more down to CAP software.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting today. I would love for you to leave some feedback, your comments are always appreciated.

In line with Data Protection legislation (GDPR), by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...